Friday, May 29, 2009

What to do?

Recently I have been racking my brain trying to think of some way to make a little extra money. $50 a month, $100 a month. I don't care. I just need something. 

I have been trying to get in touch with my crafty side thinking of something I could make and try to sell online. I figure this is the best thing for me. No boss, on my own time, and contact through email. With a baby this is the best way. 

Scott and I have had a few thoughts, but thought I could ask all of you. What do you think I should do????

4 comments:

  1. What kind of crafts do you enjoy doing? I'll put my thinking cap on! Nice to see your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should make cards!! And sell them on etsy.com, it's free to get an account with them...and you could craft little cards, with buttons...sew the cards, you know...handmade...and stamp words onto them, so they're simple yet thoughtful and pretty. Ok, well there's my two cents! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards would be fun to do, but I feel like I would have to put a lot of money into it to get it going. Paper, stamps, buttons, ribbons, etc. You know? That's funny you mentioned Etsy Becky as that is what I'm wanting to sell on. What a great sight! I've been trying to think of something with low start-up costs and something that there isn't a lot of already. This way you make more of a profit. So far, our idea is to make olive oil dispensers out of recycled wine bottles. We've already made a few practice ones to figure out the best way to do it. We paint designs on them, bake it to seal the paint, and then stick the oil spout in and there you have it. There are some selling, but they are all the flowery ones. Ours is for the modernists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there! Just stopping by from my friend Kim Faires blog...she mentioned you as the actress in Tyler's commercial, so maybe for a little part time work you could do commercials professionally! :-) With love from Colorado, Denise Kofford

    ReplyDelete